Our Mission & Core Values
Maranatha Christian Academy was established in 1973 to provide Christian education that will lead children to Christ, that will teach them to follow God’s Word, and that will prepare them academically to serve God wherever He leads them.
The Bible teaches that children are a gift from GOD and parents are ultimately responsible for the education and development of their children (Psalm 127:3-5; Deut. 6:7; Prov. 22:6; Eph. 6:4). The general purpose of Maranatha Christian Academy is to aid you, not replace you, in the overall education of your student. Maranatha Christian Academy desires to guide your child and establish learning experiences that will assist them in becoming mature Christians, as well as responsible, productive members of the Body of Christ. We are purposed to point them to Christ, teach them discipline, and educate them in academics.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Scriptures of the Old Testament and New Testament are verbally inspired by God and inerrant in the original manuscripts, and that they are of supreme, sufficient, and final authority in faith and life.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, and is true God and true man.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned and, thereby, incurred not only physical death, but also that spiritual death which is eternal separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature and manifest themselves as sinners in thought, word, and deed.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins, according to the scriptures, as a substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified by grace alone, through faith alone on the grounds of His shed blood alone.
- We believe in the resurrection and the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into heaven, and in His present life there for us, as High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe in “that blessed hope,” the personal, premillenial, and imminent return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become the children of God.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost, and eternal fellowship with the Father by believers.
- We believe that Biblical growth is a process whereby the believer, through the power of the Holy Spirit, using His Scriptures, puts off old habits and grows in the likeness of Christ.